IoT/OT Blind Spots Across Your Network
At present, hundreds of millions of IoT/OT devices are in use, and that number continues to rise as organizations increasingly adopt such devices to improve productivity, insight and real-time decision making. Unfortunately, IoT/OT devices are particularly at risk to external and internal cyberthreats due to a lack of device patching and overall visibility and contextual understanding across networks. This makes IoT profiling quite difficult.
The healthcare, hospitality and manufacturing sectors are especially vulnerable due to their heavy reliance on ultrasound machines, avionics, building automation, VoIP, medical devices, printers, computers, networking equipment and energy and power infrastructure. To close this IoT/OT device visibility gap, Portnox CLEAR is introducing its IoT/OT Visibility Add-On, which enables organizations to see, profile and classify all IoT/OT devices on the network without an agent.
IoT Profiling in CLEAR: How it Works
Portnox CLEAR utilizes several methods and leverages multiple data points to actively and passively identify, profile and classify IoT/OT devices across enterprise networks, delivering detailed device profile data that takes into account device families, types, models and vendors.
With the IoT/OT Visibility Add-On, Portnox CLEAR can continuously discovers all IP-connected devices without requiring agents, the instant they enter your network. the add-on provides in-depth visibility into those devices using a combination of active and passive discovery, profiling and classification techniques.
IoT Profiling Capabilities with CLEAR
- Device Discover – Automatically discover IoT/OT devices without needing to install yet another third-party agent across managed devices.
- Device Profiling – Classify IoT/OT devices based on type, like MRI machines, printers, sensors and beyond.
- Device Type Enforcement – Continuously monitor IoT/OT devices and enforce network segmentation and access policy based on device type.
IoT Profiling Advantages with CLEAR
- Cloud Delivery – Portnox CLEAR leverages a central cloud database that utilizes crowdsourcing and machine learning to deliver better device predictability.
- Microsegmentation – Automatically segment groups and enforce unique policies to reduce the network attack surface, improve breach containment and strengthen regulatory compliance.
- Access Control – Define and enforce access control policies based on IoT/OT device types.
- Complete Asset Management – Be able to report on and visualize in real-time the device types, locations and level of access for every IoT/OT on the network.
About Version 2 Limited
Version 2 Limited is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 Limited offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
Portnox provides simple-to-deploy, operate and maintain network access control, security and visibility solutions. Portnox software can be deployed on-premises, as a cloud-delivered service, or in hybrid mode. It is agentless and vendor-agnostic, allowing organizations to maximize their existing network and cybersecurity investments. Hundreds of enterprises around the world rely on Portnox for network visibility, cybersecurity policy enforcement and regulatory compliance. The company has been recognized for its innovations by Info Security Products Guide, Cyber Security Excellence Awards, IoT Innovator Awards, Computing Security Awards, Best of Interop ITX and Cyber Defense Magazine. Portnox has offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For information visit http://www.portnox.com, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.。